When booking and participating in Surf Lessons or a coasteering session, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- When booking a lesson full payment is required at the time of booking to confirm.
- Surf Lesson/Coasteering session times are occasionally subject to change depending upon tide and sea conditions, any changes will be notified as soon as possible in advance.
- Participants in surf lessons must be at least 8 years old and be water confident, due to the physical nature of the activity, children may need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian in the water – we can provide a wetsuit for them to enter the water.
- Participants in Coasteering sessions must be 12 years old and be able to swim 50m, it is a physical activity and participants must be aware of this before entering the water.
- It is the responsibility of each individual to act responsibly and safely in respect of their own safety and that of others.
- OA Surf Club operates with a high level of health and safety management in place. However, as with all activities, outdoor and adventurous activities carry an inherent risk and can result in injury, permanent disability or even loss of life.
- Participants/Parents/Guardians are presumed to be aware of and accept the inherent risks involved.
- OA Surf Club LTD, its Directors and staff, will not accept liability for personal injury or loss or damage of property sustained by participants.
- We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance
- Any cancellations or changes to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received. Cancellations with less than a week to the date of the activity will receive no refund.
- If you turn up late for your activity session or do not turn up at all then no refund will be offered, please allow plenty of travel time and check the destination postcode on your booking confirmation email.
Medical conditions, medications and special needs
You must notify OA Surf Club when booking of any illnesses, injuries or medical conditions which may require special attention or could have personal health and safety implications. OA Surf Club cannot be held responsible for any implications arising from the absence of such a disclosure
Changes to information
In the event of unsuitable weather or water conditions, OA Surf Club may cancel the course. Should this occur any fees paid to OA Surf Club will be returned in full. Alternatively, we will accommodate you on another course at your discretion.
During the activities we do take photos and videos for coaching purposes, marketing and also for clients to purchase. By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you are agreeing for the photos/videos to be used for these purposes. This includes use by OA Surf Club on social media, website, publications, advertising and future events.
If you wish to opt out of this and do not want your image used, please email or call the OA Surf Club office in advance of your session and also let the coach know on the day.